Build. Grow. Maintain.
Corlears School has a saying our students and alumni know well: "Our roots go down."
It means that no matter where our students go in life, they’ll always find themselves connected to the learning, values, and community developed during their time at Corlears.
In 2018, Corlears celebrated its 50th anniversary — an exciting time not only for the school, but also for our exceptional community of students, parents, alumni, and supporters.
In honor of this significant milestone, Corlears School embarked on a 5-year, $4 million campaign that goes beyond our physical structure; this campaign is focused on our heart. Over the past five years, Corlears has been building a truly innovative and transformational vision that is growing a new model for what a private school made just for young children can be.
Our Transformational Vision
Corlears School's founding director, Irene Neurath, had a vision for an inclusive, collaborative, creative early childhood institution. In 1968, together with a group of committed parents and educators, she opened a small nursery school that came to be Corlears. We're proud to say all these years later, we are still true to our roots as a school made just for young children.
Today, as we continue to flourish and push the boundaries, our $4 million campaign is the key to unlocking the potential of this groundbreaking vision.
Establish Corlears as the Leader in Early Years Education
This focus ensures that Corlears establishes its leadership in early years education by investing in the people and program of Corlears, especially our math, social justice, and social and emotional learning programs.
- Invest in our faculty and staff. Protect and enhance our competitive salaries and benefits, regardless of an unstable economy or enrollment, and support our program leadership roles, and create platforms for our faculty to share their expertise.
- Grow our program. Enhance our developmental approach to math, social justice, and social emotional learning that supports a diverse community through staffing, leadership, and extraordinary professional development opportunities.
- Enhance our facilities. Invest in financing and capital improvements that support our growing program and ensure that our building is meeting the developmental needs of our students.
Create a Truly Diverse School
- Establish the Tuition Equity Fund. Seed the Tuition Equity Fund to serve as a support to maintain our vision for socio-economic diversity with 50% of students paying significantly less than maximum tuition.
- Create a network of partnerships. Enhance our middle school partnership approach, and build partnerships with preschools and Head Start programs across NYC to fuel a vibrant enrollment profile like no other independent school in NYC.
- Advance the Learn. Play. Grow. initiative. Continue utilizing the LPG community center and explore other community based programming to expand Corlears’ ability to reach, support, and engage with its community.
We've been quietly working toward our goal since 2018, and we're excited to announce that – thanks to our incredible donors – we've raised $3.6 million of our $4-million goal. This funding from these generous supporters has already allowed us to:
- Create a competitive and equitable faculty salary scale
- Invest in professional development to build our faculty and staff expertise, especially in social justice and math
- Hire and implement Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and Math Coach roles
- Establish the Tuition Equity and Accessibility Model (TEAM), changing the paradigm of financial aid to equitable level setting
- Build the middle school enrollment transfer partnership with The Calhoun School
- Launch the Learn. Play. Grow. Community Center (LPG), offering monthly free community based programming
- Invest in marketing infrastructure, including the hiring of a Director of Marketing
- Complete required refinancing of the school's mortgage
Join Us to Reach Our $4 Million Goal
Now, we’re asking our full community to partner with us to raise the remaining dollars needed to foster this vibrant, truly diverse school community. Will you join us to reach our $4 million goal?
Ways to Give
- ACH (electronic check) through the Tuition Portal; or, for ACH gifts above $95, you can click the button below.
- Donor-advised fund: Use this link to recommend a gift from your financial institution.
- Make a pledge by emailing email@example.com.
- Gifts via credit card: Click the button below.
Thank you for being part of the journey, and for believing in our school made just for young children.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss contributing, please reach out to Amy Kiplok, Director of Development and Alumni Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stories of Impact
Thank You to Our Co-Chairs and Committee Members
- Jay and Savita Bharadwa
- Tim Bixby
- Tim Blake
- Jo Burnside
- Anna-Lisa Cohen
- Sabrina Coughlin
- Nancy Gaba
- Chris Grimaldi
- Pearl and Akhil Mago
- Joelle Matloff
- Tom Morton
- Renée Nicholson
- Julie Satow
- Sarah Steinhaus