Super Saplings Camp
Learn more about Super Saplings Camp and register below.
Super Saplings camp is intended for children entering a Pre-K 3s or Pre-K 4s program in September 2018.
- Corlears School
- 324 West 15th Street (between 8th and 9th Avenues)
- Corlears is easily accessible by the A, C, E, 1, 2, 3, F, M, and L subway lines.
Session Length and Dates
- Each session of Super Saplings camp is one week long. Families can register their children for anywhere from one to six sessions. Multiple sessions need not be consecutive.
- For rising Pre-K 3 students, we offer a half day option from 9:00am - 12:00pm.
- For rising PreK-4, we offer both a half-day option, from 9:00am - 12:00pm, and a full day option from 9:00am - 3:00pm.
- We are exploring the option of offering aftercamp care until 5:30pm. If you’re interested in this option, you will be able to indicate this on your registration form.
- Full day: $700/week
- Half day: $450/week
Camp Corlears offers discounts for campers participating in multiple weeks of Super Saplings camp:
- Campers participating in 3-4 weeks of Super Saplings: 5% discount
- Campers participating in 5-6 weeks of Super Saplings: 10% discount
… And a few other FAQs
- Who are the counselors? Our Super Saplings counselors are Brian and Nyesha, two experienced Corlears teachers. Brian and Nyesha both served as 2s teachers during the 2017-18 school year.
- What does a typical day at Super Saplings look like? Each day at Super Saplings will bring a new set of adventures! After arriving, campers will begin each day with a morning meeting, a chance to greet one another and welcome everyone to the community. From there, there will be time for art projects, music and movement activities, plus plenty of time for outdoor play in our Corlears yard. There will be a mid-morning snack as well for all students. Half-day friends will dismiss at 12:00pm, when full-day friends begin their lunch. The afternoon will bring a brief rest, more play in the yard, choice time, and a read aloud and end-of-day meeting.
- Will each session of camp be different? Each session of Super Saplings will have its own distinctive theme -- such as superheroes, under-the-sea, and animal friends -- which will inspire unique activities and projects. While the general schedule and tone of Super Saplings will stay consistent throughout each week, camp will be an engaging and welcoming place for all campers throughout the summer.
- Does my child need a bathing suit? Yes! We will be playing outside in our Corlears Yard each day, which we outfit with sprinklers and kiddie pools to turn into our own Corlears water park. Campers should also come with a change of clothes that can be left in the classroom.
- How does lunch work? Campers who are staying for lunch must bring their own lunch with them each day, that does not require refrigeration or heating. Please remember that Corlears is a nut-free facility.
- What about snack? Snack will be provided for all students -- parents need not pack snack for their child.
- Does my child need to be potty trained? Yes, we ask that all campers attending Super Saplings are potty trained.
- What if my child isn’t feeling well? There will be a registered nurse on premises throughout the summer, in case any campers are not feeling well or need medical attention.
- Will my child receive an awesome Camp Corlears tee shirt? Why yes! Sorry, we only have shirts for campers, not parents.