Budding Branches Camp
Learn more about Budding Branches Camp and register below.
Budding Branches camp is intended for children entering a kindergarten or first grade classroom in September 2018.
- Corlears School
- 324 West 15th Street (between 8th and 9th Avenues)
- Corlears is easily accessible by the A, C, E, 1, 2, 3, F, M, and L subway lines.
Session Length and Dates
Each session of Budding Branches camp is one week long. Families can register their children for anywhere from one to six sessions. Multiple sessions need not be consecutive.
- 9:00am - 3:00pm
- We are exploring the option of offering aftercamp care until 5:30pm. If you’re interested in this option, you will be able to indicate this on your registration form.
Camp Corlears offers discounts for campers participating in multiple weeks of Budding Branches camp:
- Campers participating in 3-4 weeks of Budding Branches: 5% discount
- Campers participating in 5-6 weeks of Budding Branches: 10% discount
… And a few other FAQs
- Who are the counselors? We are in the process of finalizing our counselors for Budding Branches. Our Camp Corlears counselors are Corlears teachers, who bring their experience, knowledge, and love of children to their work in the summer.
- What does a typical day at Budding Branches look like? Each day at Budding Branches will bring a new set of adventures! After arriving, campers will begin each day with a morning meeting, a chance to greet one another and welcome everyone to the community. From there, there will be time for art projects, music and movement activities, plus plenty of time for outdoor play in our Corlears yard. There will be a mid-morning snack as well around 10:00am, with lunch at 12:00pm. The afternoon will bring a more play in the yard, as well as choice time, a read aloud, and an end-of-day meeting. Our campers also have swim!
- How does swim work? Twice a week, on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, our Budding Branches campers will head to the McBurney YMCA (a ten-minute walk from Corlears) for swimming. The YMCA provides experienced lifeguards and swim instructors, who help to sort campers into small groups based on their age and experience. At each swim period, campers will enjoy a 30-minute session of aquatic instruction and recreation in the YMCA’s heated, indoor pool.
- What if my child doesn’t know how to swim? That’s no problem! We expect many campers will have limited swimming experience prior to joining the camp. Children who are totally new (or fairly new) swimmers will start with basic skills, and be aided by floaties and pool noodles to help acclimate them to the water.
- Will each session of camp be different? Each session of Budding Branches will have its own distinctive theme -- such as superheroes, under-the-sea, and animal friends -- which will inspire unique activities and projects. While the general schedule and tone of Budding Branches will stay consistent throughout each week, camp will be an engaging and welcoming place for all campers throughout the summer.
- How does lunch work? Campers must bring their own lunch with them each day, that does not require refrigeration or heating. Please remember that Corlears is a nut-free facility.
- What about snack? Snack will be provided for all students -- parents need not pack snack for their child.
- What if my child isn’t feeling well? There will be a registered nurse on premises throughout the summer, in case any campers are not feeling well or need medical attention.
- Will my child receive an awesome Camp Corlears tee shirt? Why yes! Sorry, we only have shirts for campers, not parents.