The Corlears School Outplacement Program for sixth grade placement begins in the spring of a student’s 4thgrade year.
We offer a comprehensive one-on-one guidance program to parents and students. The following services are offered through our outplacement program:
- Comprehensive private and public school guidance – with a holistic view of each child’s academic profile, the placement director guides parents through the school application process
- Application review and management – the placement director helps parents navigate and complete school applications
- ISEE Test Preparation – we equip our students with knowledge-based test taking strategies. Students build confidence in their ability to conquer the ISEE not through rote knowledge but through a deep understanding of the material
- Official ISEE Testing at Corlears School – Corlears School is a closed test site for the ISEE. Our 10s students are able to take the exam with their peers in a familiar place with familiar faces alleviating some of the anxiety associated with test taking day
- Interview Preparation – parents and students learn the process of interviewing at schools through various fun and interactive exercises
- Advocacy for students at choice schools – the placement director advocates the school preferences of families with admission directors at ongoing schools
Graduating students and parents receive a great deal of guidance and support throughout the entire process and we are proud of the caliber of schools our students attend but more importantly by how great a match their ongoing schools are for them and their families.