Corlears Library Policy
The complete policies of the Corlears library can be found in the following document, Corlears School Library Mission.pdf
You are welcome to return books
- before or after school,
- for students, during your library class times
- or, with permission from your teacher, during free choice times
You don't have to wait until the book is due to return it and check out another one. If your book is overdue, you have to return it before you can get a new one.
You can renew a book two times. You can leave the book at home and just tell the librarian that you want to renew it.
Lost or Damaged Books
If you have lost or damaged a book, you will need to replace it. You can do this by:
- Bringing in another book of equal value and interest, as approved by the library staff
- Buying a new copy of the same book
- Paying for the book.
You may check out books after you have taken care of the lost or damaged book.
There are no library cards! Just say your LAST name when it is your turn to check out, and the library staff will find you in the computer.
Suggesting New Books
We have a suggestion box by the circulation desk! Or, you could contact us, we consider all suggestions.
We consider all donations to the school library! The library staff keeps an acquisition wish list which you are welcome to consult.
- Materials are added to the collection to meet the curricular and individual interest needs of the Corlears School community.
- Materials are selected for their multicultural value to provide a collection reflective of many backgrounds and experiences.
- Materials are selected by the librarians based upon good practice and criteria of the library profession including the evaluation of critical reviews in professional journals.
- Materials are weeded and removed from the collection due to irrelevance, outdated information, or damage.
If a parent or teacher feels that a Corlears School Library book is inappropriate for our students
- Contact the library staff for or download the Corlears School Library Request for Reconsideration.pdf.
- Upon receipt of the completed form, the Librarian and the Head of School will review the challenge to determine its merits,
- The individual bringing the challenge will be notified when the decision has been made.