Thank you for your interest in Corlears, a unique and wonderful school for children, ages 2 – 10, in the Chelsea section of New York City. Students at Corlears are intellectually curious, creative, and have the potential for great academic achievement, peer leadership, and emotional and social growth.
To learn more about Corlears and its application process, please read the following:
- You may apply online or download our application on or after Tuesday, September 2, 2014.
- Please click on the age chart to determine the age group for which your child is eligible. Our birth date cut-off is September 1st.
- Book a small group tour of our beautiful school by using Eventbrite as of September 2nd. Tours are scheduled to begin September 30th and end on November 25th.
- Attend our Open House on Thursday, October 2, 2014, 5:00-7:00pm. No RSVPs are required.
- Learn more about Corlears at special morning coffees (8:45am - 9:30am) for prospective parents with our Head of School David Egolf on three Wednesdays, October 29, December 10, and January 21.
- Educational Records Bureau (ERB) testing is not required or accepted.
- On or after Tuesday, September 2, 2014, our applicant package for the 2015-2016 school year will be available online. You may also request a hard copy on or after September 2nd, by calling Admissions at 212.741.2800.
- Due to small class size, we encourage you to apply early in the school year. The application deadline is November 30, 2014.
- An application for admission must be accompanied by a non-refundable fee of $65.00.
- Once the application is received by Corlears, a member of the Admissions office will call to arrange appointments for the child’s visit and the parent interview. The length of the child’s visit will depend on the child’s age.
- When applicable, reports from the school the child is currently attending will be required.
- All financial obligations to the student’s current school, if applicable, must be fulfilled.
- School tours of Corlears offer prospective parents an excellent opportunity to observe our gifted faculty in action and our students fully engaged in the classroom experience.
- All tours are by reservation only and are conducted in the morning from 8:45 – 10:00am, beginning September 30. Tours end in late November.
- Interested parents can schedule a date for a small group tour beginning on September 2nd by using Eventbrite.
Our annual Admissions Open House is scheduled for Thursday, October 2, 2014, 5:00 -7:00pm. You may arrive anytime between 5:00pm and 6:30pm. At our open house, prospective parents will be given school tours by current and alumni parents as well as student alumni. This admissions event gives families the chance to speak with our faculty, parents, and current as well as alumni students. No RSVP’s are required.
Corlears is a member of the Independent School Admissions Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY). In accordance with their requirements, notification of admission decisions will adhere to the schedule established by ISAAGNY.
||*PARENT Contract Deadline no later than noon on:
2s, 3s, 4s
||Wednesday, February 11
||Friday, March 6
|| Friday, February 6
||Friday, February 13
|Tuesday, February 3
||Wednesday, February 25