How many students attend Corlears?
- There are 170 students enrolled for the 2012/2013 school year.
- Average class size is 17 students.
What is the size of the Corlears faculty?
- Full-time faculty – 34
- Part-time faculty – 8
Tell me about the Corlears facility.
What are Corlears School hours?
- Fall 2011 marked the completion of the first phase of Corlears’ expansion and renovation project. As a result, all of Corlears new features are compliant with environmentally sound principles and the American Disabilities Act.
- There are 10 light-filled and spacious classrooms. A piazza exists on each of the classroom floors which is intended for informal gathering, student drop-off and pick-up.
- Our library has 7,500 volumes.
- There is a 720 square foot art studio.
- Self-contained science lab.
- A newly expanded 1,720 square foot gym.
- A new foreign language classroom.
- A newly renovated music room.
- Enclosed yard for recreation and play.
- 2s, 3s Half-Day 8:30-11:45am
- 2s-10s Full Day 8:30am-3:15pm
Are there extended hours?
Corlears offers three different extended day options for families for a small fee:
- Early Birds – Students arrive as early as 8:00am and are supervised until they arrive in their respective classrooms at 8:30am. A small fee is charged for Early Birds.
- After School Childcare – Childcare is available after school from 3:15-5:45pm. There is a daily charge.
- Specialty classes – Fun and interesting afterschool courses, such as chess, computer skills, and movement are offered during three sessions a year. They are an hour or more in length after school hours. For additional information about course schedule and fees, please contact our school office, 212.741.2800.
Do families have to pack lunch for their children?
Yes, children in school for a full day must bring their own lunches. Please note that we are a nut sensitive school.
When does the 2012/2013 school year begin?
- 2s, 3s Monday, September 10 – phase-in period begins
- 4s - 10s Thursday, September 6
What is the tuition at Corlears for 2012/2013?
- 2s, 3s Half-Day $21,140
- 3s Full Day $26,880
- 4s, 5s Full Day $29,590
- 6s, 7s, 8s, 9s, 10s $31,380
There is an annual Building and Equipment fee of $1,000 included in tuition that covers building maintenance, improvements, and upgrades in classroom technology.
A bond payment is required from each family attending Corlears. How much is the bond? Is it returned to the family when it leaves the school?
- Each family is required to make a non-interest bearing loan or bond of $1,000 for each child. The payment of the bond is divided so that $250 is payable the first year of enrollment; $250 the second year; and $500 the third year. Bond amounts are adjusted for families on financial aid.
- At the end of a family’s time at Corlears, they may request that the bond be returned or they may contribute it to one of the school’s fundraising programs.
What is the payment policy at Corlears?
- A non-refundable application fee of $50.00 is payable when submitting the application for admission.
- A tuition deposit of $4,500 is required once a student has been accepted and the enrollment contract signed. The balance of tuition will be due in two equal installments. The first will be due in May and the second in mid-September. Tuition installment plans are also available.
Can you please explain financial aid at Corlears?
- Corlears is committed to a diverse enrollment which includes families with a variety of cultural, racial, ethnic, and economic backgrounds. Financial aid is given to families of students who are four or older on the basis of need and available funds.
- If a family is interested in applying for financial aid, the forms should be submitted with the admissions application.
How much financial aid has Corlears budgeted for 2012/2013?
Corlears School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin or sexual orientation in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, or scholarships.
- Student recipients – 31
- Total amount distributed – $703,000
- Percentage of tuition income – 15 percent